Monday, April 19, 2010

Worth the Read

I thought I would share a few of the books that have influenced me as a disciple maker. I don't agree with everything in every book but they have all made me better, I hope.

Master Plan of Evangelism - Coleman (Best book ever written on disciple making. I have read it every year since 1996. Getting ready for the 2010 reading)

Spiritual Mentoring - Anderson & Reese

Transforming Discipleship - Ogden

Sacred Companions - Benner (I loaned to someone and can't find it!)

Paul's Idea of Community - Banks

Christ Plays in Ten Thousand Places, a conversation in spiritual theology - Peterson

Humility - Andrew Murray

I started reading Life Together by Bonhoeffer today (4/19/10). I feel like it is going to be worth the read...

I am probably forgetting something....

2 comments:

  1. I've read all of those except "Humility" and now I'm the best disciple maker ever! Thanks for the list.

    Seriously, though, I haven't read Christ Plays in 10,000 Places either. What is that about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. read MPofE, humility and life together. life together is one of my faves...it just took me some time to get used to the way it was written. i should read it again. should read 10000 places as well. you actually got me sacred companions, but i didn't get to finish it.

    ReplyDelete